SQL Server Best Practices Reports
Following best practices is beneficial for every DBA. Best practices offer reliable information about problems with your SQL server infrastructure and alert you to potential threats.
SQLDocKit stores all the information about your SQL Servers and databases and provides you with metrics that can be analyzed according to best practices. It’s your easy fix for improving server performance, increasing system reliability, and hardening SQL Server security.
Match your SQL Server settings according to the latest best practices
Available best-practices checks
- Configuration – check disk allocation size and assigned SQL Server memory.
- Database settings – make sure to proactively manage the growth of data and log files.
- Hardware requirements – determine whether all servers have enough free disk space.
- Maintenance – check whether the databases have been backed up recently.
- ModelDB – make sure that modelDB autogrowth, initial size, and recovery model are set up properly and in accordance with your environment.
- Security – check that server permissions are not granted with the public role, that passwords are not easy to guess, password complexity policies, and more.
- SQL Server Agent – check SQL Server Agent Job owners against their logins to validate which jobs do not match their owner.
- TempDB – check tempDb files, size, configuration, response time, etc.
- Updates – determine whether an SQL Server is up to date and whether any servers have Windows updates that are not installed.
- Visit our Best Practices library for a list of all available reports with descriptions.
Customize best practices, or create your own reportsBest practices don’t always apply to all clients – that’s why SQLDocKit lets you customize your best practices. Simply adjust the values on your BP dashboard, according to your needs or your internal best practices. Or create your own best practices.
Detect potential problems in your SQL Server environment on time
Set up best-practices alerts for the server settings you want to keep an eye on. Stay up to date with best practices that have been violated.
Generate reports, and easily export the entire BP documentation. Then share it with clients, and show them what they can fix in their environments to align their infrastructure with best practices.
- Visit resources center for videos and samples of documentation and reports by SQLDocKit.
- View a detailed list of all available features and reports by the license type.